A ball screw operates in a comparable way to a traditional lead screw; however, the considerable advantage of utilizing a round screw is that it makes use of ball bearings running in the helical network to transfer the load. In high precision applications, it is typically needed to equate the rotary motion from a motor to linear motion for the payload. One means of attaining this is by using a ball screw.
Round bearings within a sphere screw similarly roll along the track to round bearings in a common rotary ball race; therefore, eliminating the sliding friction connected with lead screws. The round bearings are recirculated via the ball nut, distributing the loads, and getting lubrication in the process. Due to utilizing rolling ball bearings within a sphere screw, the inner rubbing is low, meaning ball screws can use a high degree of efficiency and positional accuracy at high torque, as well as pressure loadings.
Ball screw WTF [บอลสกรู WTF, which is the term in Thai] can be rather difficult and high-precision tools, implying they can often be somewhat extra costly compared to a regular lead screw. This results from the facility machining, as well as assembly techniques called for to produce them. Nonetheless, if your application requires a ball screw, the higher efficiency usually exceeds the cost.
Sphere Screw Applications
Sphere screws are typically matched to applications that require:
- Smooth activity
- Extended continuous/high-speed activity
Advantages of Ball Screws
There are numerous advantages of utilizing sphere screws within your movement application:
- Extremely effective, needing less torque, consequently smaller sized electric motor.
- Greater accuracy grades for higher positional accuracy.
- Reduced rubbing, able to go for cooler temperature levels.
- Available in roll, as well as ground types
- Can be got used to increase/decrease preload
- Required to be replaced less frequently
- Available in screw sizes from 4mm-80mm